With towering skyscrapers looking down upon wooden houses built on stilts, Malaysia is a unique country that preserves its traditional charm alongside its modern infrastructure. It is a multicultural country with people from different religions and ethnic backgrounds. One of the main reasons for Malaysia’s thriving economy is the availability of natural resources such as palm oil and rubber.
Manufacturing is also a major sector in the country’s economy. Malaysia has a tropical climate, with abundant sunshine and rainfall throughout the year.
Malaysia My Second Home Programme (MM2H)
Type of Visa: Long term social visit pass
Malaysia My Second Home Programme is designed by the Malaysian Government to allow individuals who meet a certain set of criteria to stay in Malaysia for an extended period of time. Participants will be granted a multiple entry social visit pass where they can travel freely in and out of Malaysia.
This pass is valid for an initial period of 10 years, and is renewable. The main applicant is also allowed to bring their spouse and unmarried children below 21 years of age. Parents above 60 years of age can be sponsored for a Parents’ visa.
- Aged below 50 years
- Proof of liquid assets of RM 500,000 and monthly offshore income of RM 10,000
- Open a fixed deposit account with RM 300,000
- After one year, the applicant can withdraw up to RM 150,000 for approved expenses
- Maintain a minimum balance of RM 150,000 from second year onwards and throughout stay in Malaysia under this program
- Aged above 50 years:
- Proof of liquid assets of RM 350,000 and monthly offshore income of RM 10,000 or monthly government pension of RM 10,000
- Open a fixed deposit account with RM 150,000
- After one year, the applicant can withdraw up to RM 50,000 for approved expenses
- Maintain a minimum balance of RM 100,000 from second year onwards and throughout stay in Malaysia under this program
- A renewable 10-year multiple entry social visa to stay in Malaysia
- Applicants can bring their spouse, children (below 21 years of age) and parents (over 60 years of age) as dependents
- Freedom of travel in and out of Malaysia with no restriction on the minimum period of stay
- Income received overseas will not be taxed
- Applicants will be issued ID cards
- Applicants are entitled to purchase residential properties in Malaysia
- Applicants are allowed to bring their personal cars to Malaysia or purchase a locally assembled car without having to pay import duty/tax
- Applicants are entitled to employ one domestic helper for the household
- Applicants can set up and register their own business in Malaysia in compliance with the Companies Act 1965 (Malaysia)
- Applicants aged 50 years and above are allowed to work on a part time basis subject to approval
- Foreign spouses of Malaysia nationals and Employment Pass holders are also eligible to apply